Will Apple release an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3? (INFOGRAPHIC)Rumor
Posted by Thomas GamboaJuly 06th, 2011 at 4:41 PM Filed Under NFC Infographics, Rumor
Will Apple release an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3?
We here at NFC Rumors have speculated for a while about Apple’s potential release of an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3. There are signs pointing in both directions, but really – what are the chances?
What are the chances that Apple will release an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3?
Apple hasn’t yet released an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3, and nobody is quite sure if or when they will. There are speculations that Apple is developing their own platform for mobile commerce that will tie into iTunes, but we have concerns on how this will influence the marketplace and NFC adoption rates. There is no doubt that tech savvy consumers are going to compose the first batch of NFC enthusiasts; in fact, they are already forming lines. So, if Apple doesn’t release an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3, it could split the market intensely.
Oh, so you want an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3?
The chances of Apple releasing NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3 are illustrated in our snazzy infographic seen below. With all of the rumors going around, we felt obligated to live up to our namesake and really get those rumors disseminated. Feel free to share-it-along.
What happens if Apple doesn’t release an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3?
Apple has experienced considerable and consistent growth with the iPhone and iPad releases, but so have the projections of NFC usage and profits for the next few years. Can these two forces afford not to align with each other? We know that Google is wasting no time in getting established in the market, and even have plans of offering their own Google Wallet app when an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3 is released.
Whether Apple releases an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3 doesn’t just determine if my colleagues and I will buy it – there are greater consequences here that could determine the future of Apple and the future of NFC technology. Ahhh, smell that? That’s the sweet aroma of consumer power. If you want NFC, buy NFC and don’t wait for that glossy Apple NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3 (oh, but it will be so pretty!).
- Will Apple's next iPhone have NFC
- 10 reasons why Apple should include NFC in the iPhone 4s
- No NFC announced for IOS 5 at Apple WWDC keynote speech
- Do you want an NFC iPhone?
- US NFC survey shows iPhone owners are ready for a mobile digital wallet
- Apple iPhone 5 to be released in August?
- Apple iPad 3 will have LTE radios, iPhone 5 could be the same
- iPad 3 and iPhone 5 ready for production in August, NFC?
- Will Apple include NFC in the iPhone 5 and iPad 3?
- Will Apple release an NFC-enabled iPhone 5 or iPad 3? (INFOGRAPHIC)
- Qualcomm adds to NFC iPhone 5 doubts
- Apple, NFC, iPhone 5, iPad 3, rumors, blah, blah, and more blah